[Pogamut-list] Bot state change to dead freezes code execution.

jakub.gemrot pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Fri Jul 23 21:12:47 CEST 2010

Re: Bot state change to dead freezes code execution.

Author: jakub.gemrot

Wow, now I've got some interesting result :-)))

The problem does not lie in Pogamut (hopefully) but in GameBots2004 settings.

Have you set GameBots2004.ini correctly for your experiment? It is usually suprising for everybody (even me!) that you have to think about
UT2004 game victory conditions. But I'm running ahead too much.

I've implemented the first test case, I've got 4 bots killing each other madly until death counter in one of them reaches 100 (if so, bots are stopped and test succeeds).
Guess what happens for the first time I've run the test? When one of the bot reached 25 frags, everything has frozen. Nobody was receiving messages but Sockets stayed opened. So the Pogamut waited endlessly what would happen... wow :-)

How to fix that? I've asked myself - well' go to the UT2004/System directory and edit GameBots2004.ini file and correctly set
[GameBots2004.BotDeathMatch]
TimeLimit=120
GoalScore=200

I hope you've made the same mistake as I did :-) because the second time, the test run flawlessly (bots experienced around 300 deaths all together).

Cheers!
Jimmy

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=293&post_reply=1#form>