[Pogamut-list] Upgrade Pains

jakub.gemrot pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Sun Dec 12 17:29:51 CET 2010

Re: Upgrade Pains

Author: jakub.gemrot

Hi!

The trick with UT2004AgentParameters will surely work, we're actually using it already in test cases for navigation, so if you have any problems I'm sure we will help you to sort them out.

Regarding Floyd-Warshall, I'm not sure whether I've refactor it, there is a FloydWarshallMap that can serve as a path planner but you will have to wrap it into IPathPlanner interface for yourself. There is actually a problem with FloydWarshall because FloydWarshall works only with NavPoints so you always have to provide it with some starting point which might mean your bot will at first return to that navpoint and then start to run somewhere ... I'm going to fix UT2004PathNavigator soon to prevent such behavior (but this may take month or two...).

When you notice Hunter to perform some big jump, please locate the concrete place first and than try it as a real player for yourself... I've tweaked jumping constants of LoqueNavigator to match heights which normal player may jump to (I've been double-jumping as a player in UT2004). Especially on DM-Goliath there are some nasty double-jump links, which are hard to jump over even as a real player.

Best,
Jimmy

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=465&post_reply=1#form>