[Pogamut-list] Multiple UCC instances

rudolf.kadlec pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Thu Dec 9 17:54:30 CET 2010

Re: Multiple UCC instances

Author: rudolf.kadlec

Hi,
I don't know whether you have read this  https://artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz/pogamut/tiki-index.php?page=Pogamut+GRID
This page describes the Pogamut2 implementation of GRID that I used in 2008, but I didn't run it since then.  The page also points to source code of the grid.

Are you planning to run the simulation on more computers or are you satisfied with one multicore computer? When you are going to use one computer then I would simply use ThreadPoolExecutor to start multiple UCC instances. If you need more machines then try JPPF as I did with the old grid. It is relatively lightweight Java grid framework.
I was running my simulation on 20 Linux computers and each computer had up to 6 UCC instances.

Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=3&comments_reply_threadId=3&comments_parentId=461&post_reply=1#form>