[Pogamut-list] Multiple UCC instances

jacob.schrum pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Wed Dec 8 22:36:24 CET 2010

Multiple UCC instances

Author: jacob.schrum

So, I'm evolving bots in Unreal, which takes forever because individual matches need to last a while for the evaluation to be worthwhile. I'm interested in taking advantage of my multiple cores and/or multiple machines.

I know that Pogamut 2 had some GRID code that allowed individual evaluations to be farmed out to multiple servers. Does similar functionality exist in Pogamut 3? Even if there isn't an easy way to do it, I'd be interested in hearing how to set something like this up.

However, another question is whether or not it is possible to run multiple instances of UCC on the same machine and have each one use a different port after the IP address of localhost so that they don't interfere with each other. I have a fast, multicore machine, so I figure having about 4 UCC instances running would speed things up and still work well. Is there a way to do this with multiple instance of UT2004Server and/or UCCWrapper?

-Jacob

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=3&comments_parentId=461#form>