[Pogamut-list] Recording player's behaviour

michal.bida pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Tue Aug 3 12:18:51 CEST 2010

Re: Recording player's behaviour

Author: michal.bida

Hi.
I remember I used it one year ago when I was testing if it works. :-) What it does is that it records the game into some closed unreal format (unreal demo) that can be later played from unreal again ( console command : DEMOPLAY ). More [http://unreal.epicgames.com/UTConsole.htm| UT console commands].
Unreal supports conversion of this format to avi, but it is very slow and quality is low. It is easier to record demo using some external recording tool (I use opensource CamStudio).
However, the advantage of unreal demo could be that it enables you to move on the map during playing (not sure if it is true, i haven't used it for a long time).

best,

Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=333&post_reply=1#form>