[Pogamut-list] Tracking Player Position

jakub.gemrot pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Sun Aug 1 17:34:13 CEST 2010

 Re: Tracking Player Position

Author: jakub.gemrot

Great!

Anyway, if you really need all information (currently the Health as well as bot's inventory are unavailable through UT2004Server) you will really need to use UT2004Observer. In this case, you will need to use SVN version (but Pogamut 3.0.12 is around the corner so may be you can wait for that :-).

Tomorrow (Monday) I should clarify how to use UT2004Observer and create a sample project for both UT2004Server and UT2004Observer that will help you to collect all information available.

Also my colleague, Michal Danilak is putting UT2004Analyzer extends UT2004Server that observes all players in the game collecting trivial stuff such as their positions, health, score, etc. exporting such information into CSV (so it is easy to use R or MatLab on results). This should be incorporated into PogamutUT2004 as well so it will be soon pretty easy to devise some metrics/fitness functions for bots. I will also refactor UT2004Analyzer to be easily extensible (i.e., user will be able to make easy hooks to observations of players collecting additional stuff).

Cheers!
Jimmy

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=323&post_reply=1#form>