[Pogamut-list] Exceptions generated when bots start at same or near same time

pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz pogamut-forum at diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Thu Apr 29 12:11:30 CEST 2010

Re: Exceptions generated when bots start at same or near same time

Its very simple to recreate. I start two thread (or more) after each other with the following in their run() method:

	int serverPort = BotSetup.INSTANCE.getDummyServerPort();

	UT2004BotModule myModule = new UT2004BotModule(DummyBot.class);
	UT2004BotFactory factory = new UT2004BotFactory(myModule);

        UT2004BotRunner botRunner = new UT2004BotRunner(factory, "DummyBot", "localhost", serverPort);
        IAgent agent = botRunner.startAgent();

        // wait until the bot finishes and close Pogamut platform
        new WaitForAgentStateChange(agent.getState(), IAgentStateStopped.class).await();
        Pogamut.getPlatform().close();

If I want it to run functional I just make 1500 miliseconds pass before starting the next thread. Found out with 1000 milli seconds it would still generate bug some times.

--
Reply Link: <http://diana.ms.mff.cuni.cz/main/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=4&comments_reply_threadId=4&comments_parentId=125&post_reply=1#form>