[Pogamut-list] SafeRunToLocation failing when the sockets are under heavy burden?

deus pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Tue Oct 27 23:17:54 CET 2009

Re: SafeRunToLocation failing when the sockets are under heavy burden?

Author: deus

I guess I should add that we don't calculate A* distance of all item spawns I mentioned above, but simply do Triple.distanceInSpace (which is significantly less expensive). Also, this behaviour is completely irrelevant with the sleep duration in doLogic. We tested with 1 msec and with 5 seconds, and while the second interval meant that the bot stopped after 2 pathnodes while waiting for the next logic run, it didn't seem to get any "smarter" - meaning it still kept running between two navPoints (exactly what it did with 1msec or 200msec, which is the "suggested" sleep duration).