[Pogamut-list] Logic frequency and game speed

nvh pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Mar 30 17:11:48 CEST 2009

Logic frequency and game speed

Author: nvh

Hi, I recently updated to 2.3 and in the changelog is this message:

^the big change - Agent's doLogic() method now works in-sync with GB2004 sensory batches, this has a huge advantage that all sensory methods from 'memory' will return the same value inside the doLogic() call, drawback to this would be the limitation of the frequency of the doLogic() it now runs only as fast as the GB2004 can export those batches ^

I don't really understand this, can someone explain it more thoroughly? How many times per seconds are messages processed on normal game speed? Does it help to decrease the game speed to be able to process more messages (relatively to the game speed)? How do I find the maximum logic frequency my agent is able to run on? How can I increase this number?