[Pogamut-list] Drive cars

michal.bida pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Mar 2 22:23:05 CET 2009

Re: Drive cars

Author: michal.bida

> Hi everyone,
> i am a newbie in Gamebots,and i wanna control my bots to drive the cars,which i put in the level,is that possible to do it with writing the codes? or anyone get a suggestion for me?
> Thank you very much.
>
> mao

Hi!
If you look in our svn repository [http://artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz/viewvc|Web access to SVN repository] at the GameBots in pogamut/branches/devel/project/gamebots (devel version of gamebots incompatible with the old client), there already is some basic support for vehicles. In RemoteBot.uc in function CheckVision() there is already the code providing the bot with VEH messages (vehicles in the bots surrounding) and in BotConnection.uc there are already commands defined that can be used for entering and leaving the vehicle (ENTER and LEAVE i think).
Unfortunately only command that is able to make the vehicle to move is RUNTO {Target SomeNavPointId}.
(I had prolembs with setting the vehicle steering and throttle from Bot controller class - it is possible that it cannot be done this way. )
If you want to start playing with vehicles you can start with the things mentioned above. Other possibility is to donwload UT2004 source codes and start looking into Vehicle classes. I suggest you also to visit http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/ and type vehicles in the search. There will be many interesting topics about vehicles for sure.

Best,
Michal