[Pogamut-list] Creating a new UTServer keeps giving exceptions

Lennie pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Dec 7 20:54:06 CET 2009

Re: Re: Creating a new UTServer keeps giving exceptions

Author: Lennie

> In this forum (Pogamut Java Library = PogamutCore) we have a topic: Sending commands to Control Server - there are explained some problems with control server and you can see there some simple example of working code.
>
> (direct url: https://artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz/pogamut/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?comments_parentId=802&forumId=5)
>
> Maybe it will solve your problem, if not do not hesitate to ask further!

Thanks for your reply. However in the mentioned topic I cannot find the problem I mentioned. My problem just occurs when creating a new UTServer object. Some thread already starts running and keeps throwing the aforementioned error. If I set the two needed URI's (way after the time at which the UTServer object has been made) however I can succesfully connect with the same UTServer object by calling connect() but the "serverUri is null error" will still keep occuring every two seconds. Setting autoReconnect to false does not have any influence on this behaviour.

In the other case where directly after creating the UTServer object I set the two URI's I do not get the error and the thread tries to connect to the set URI's. It seems to be some form of timing issue where the UTServer already starts connecting to the set URI's but does not listen to any changes to the URI's.