[Pogamut-list] Lava, Slime, etc.

michal.bida pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Thu Oct 9 10:09:24 CEST 2008

Re: Lava, Slime, etc.
> Is there any way to sense environmental hazards like lava and slime BEFORE the bot is swimming in them? The bots seem to have trouble sensing them. The packaged SPOSH bot often runs into the lava on DM-Deck17.
>
> In fact, can you even sense these things when you're in them? I had assumed that the different zone-changed methods will inform the bot that it was in lava/slime/etc, but I'm not seeing messages in the log that give this info. Does zone changed only apply to water?

Hey!
Indeed the bots have hard time to sense these hazards.. In fact they are not able to sense it BEFORE they are in them now... :-/ Even ray tracing fails to uncover lava or water when the ray touch it. I will think if something can be done with this.
However, if the bot step into lava he will
1) become DAM message with damage and info of damage cause - in this case it will be {DamageType Engine.FellLava}
2) become VCH message VCH {Id DM-Deck17.LavaVolume21} {PainCausing True}...

When I tested in DM-Deck17 the bot when in lava was periodically receiving

----

Reply Link: <https://artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz/pogamut/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=5&comments_reply_threadId=270&comments_parentId=268&post_reply=1#form>