[Pogamut-list] New PogamutCore discussion

schrum2 pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Sun Nov 23 22:35:53 CET 2008

Re: Re: Re: New PogamutCore discussion

Author: schrum2

Behavior trees are actually very simple. It's just one small step away from what SPOSH already does. In fact, SPOSH can be thought of as a behavior tree of depth one. Basically, the idea is that instead of having a SPOSH behavior link directly to a java method, it would link to another set of SPOSH behaviors, each with their own firing conditions. This allows for high level abstract behaviors like attack, retreat, etc. and low level actions within the behavior. I'm not 100& sure, but I think that any behavior can basically be collapsed into a behavior list, like what SPOSH already does, but it really helps the design process to have different components separated and organized into trees (plus, collapsing a tree to a list would require adding a lot of firing conditions).

Anyway, information on behavior trees is just a google search away. For example, here's the first link that pops up when I search for them: http://aigamedev.com/hierarchical-logic/bt-overview