[Pogamut-list] Falling

schrum2 pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Thu Nov 20 18:35:30 CET 2008

Falling

Author: schrum2

Here's an example BOT_KILLED message that happened when a bot fell to his death:

type BOT_KILLED, UnrealID null, ID 0, is visible , damageType: Engine.fell, killer ID: 348

What does the killer ID mean here? I've confirmed that it's not equal to the self ID of the bot, and I'm a bit curious. Also, the GameBots API for this message seems out of date (it's called DIE instead of BOT_KILLED, which I can't seem to find).

Also, will "Engine.fell" always be the damage type for falling deaths across all maps and circumstances? In other words, is doing a comparison of damageType.equals("Engine.fell") a reliable way to detect whenever the bot fell to its death?