[Pogamut-list] Jump-Duck-Dodge

schrum2 pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Fri Nov 7 16:39:38 CET 2008

Re: Jump-Duck-Dodge
I think the only thing that comes close to an "isJumping" sense is the check to see if the bot is falling. Of course, this sense applies whether you walk off a ledge or jump up and down.

As for ducking and dodging, I'm pretty sure they don't exist. However, being in a ducking state should be fairly easy to track internally, so long as you don't allow unsynchronous access to the boolean variable that tracks it.

There's no sense for dodge, though it probably wouldn't be very useful anyway. The time it takes to dodge is so short that by the time you knew someone was dodging, they probably wouldn't be anymore.

----

Reply Link: <http://artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz/pogamut/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=3&comments_reply_threadId=351&comments_parentId=347&post_reply=1#form>