[Pogamut-list] bot messages

jakub.gemrot pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Fri May 2 11:06:32 CEST 2008

Re: bot messages
So far you can't send message to a specific player but only to
1) global channel ... body.sendGlobalMessage(String text)
2) team channel ... body.sendPrivateMessage(String text)

GB API documentation:
__MESSAGE__ send a message to the world or just your team. This will likely have some restrictions placed on it soon.
* Text string to send
* Global if True it is sent to everyone. Otherwise (or if not specified), just your team

Do not used body.sendMessageToGB(String message), it is for sending raw commands to GameBots (your bot) like move, jump, etc. ... not to the players/bots inside games (communication).

Cheers, Jakub Gemrot

----

Reply Link: <https://artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz/pogamut/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=5&comments_reply_threadId=157&comments_parentId=156&post_reply=1#form>