[Pogamut-list] Run bot automatically

rudolf.kadlec pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Tue Dec 30 17:50:16 CET 2008

Re: Re: Run bot automatically

Author: rudolf.kadlec

Hi,
first of all I'm sorry that I'm replying after more than two weeks. I have been quite busy before the Christmas and then my notebook broke down, so I haven't been able to respond earlier ...

I have tried the TestJPPFExperimentExecution and unfortunately there were some bugs, It surely worked in the past but changes in some other parts of the codebase have broken it.

So here is cookbook that should enable you to run the experiment on the grid (at least I ran one successful experiment this evening :-)

1) checkout (or update) the project from trunk,  I have made some bugfixes to it
2) update the builf-jppf.xml file in addons/core/GridNode so the jvmarg value="-Dpogamut.unreal.home ... tag points to the UT2004 install dir eg. C:\Games\UT2004
[[OPTIONAL 3) change the map name in UCCWrapper.java on line 76 in Core, the map can not be set from inside the Experiment as it was in the previous version of the experiment, recompile the Core]
4) run the Driver (execute "ant" in addons/core/GridDriver)
5) run the Node (execute "ant -f build-jppf.xml" in addons/core/GridNode)
6) run cz.cuni.pogamut.experiments.jppf.test.TestJPPFExperimentExecution from JPPFExperimentExecutor project, after a few seconds the Node should start printing a lot of output to the console and in five minutes the TestJPPFExperimentExecution should successfully terminate

PS: in grid each ucc.exe has its own port so there can be multiple instances on a one client computer, so this is OK.