[Pogamut-list] 2Dmap

michal.bida pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Dec 1 14:18:51 CET 2008

Re: 2Dmap

Author: michal.bida

For english speaking visitors. We are talking about problem of generating 2D overview for UT2004 maps. That means I play UT2004 game I am in some location and I have somewhere 2D map of this location.

Now the question: How to get this 2D map. Well for Onslaught UT2004 locations this problem is already solved. If you play this gametype there is 2D representation of the map on the HUD in upper right corner (or upper left corner). So the first thing to do is to peek in UT UnrealScript code that is responsible for drawing this map for inspiration how it is done in UT.

Other guides to solve this problem - search on UnrealWiki and on beyondunreal forums.

Best,
Michal