[Pogamut-list] New Pogamut Subproject

fabien.tence pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Tue Apr 15 17:44:22 CEST 2008

Re: New Pogamut Subproject
My project is beginning to "work", ATM I have some batch messages coming from GB that correspond to a player status. It looks like it'll be a great tool to debug because using telnet with a game window next to it showed me some strange things ;) (like for example a much wider field of vision than a human have, but I'll have to check if I misunderstood what is coming from GB).

I have some problems though, I was expecting to have a class inheriting directly from Controller and redefine the whole inheritance (via copies, much like what is done with gametypes). The problem is that PlayerController and AIController are native classes so I can't use copies :/ (if you don't understand what I'm saying, maybe a [http://rigolux.free.fr/master/Monitoringv1.svg|diagram] will be more clear).

The "solution" I found is to do the work three times (human, built-in bots and remote bots). I don't like the way I want to do it, but native class requires access to source code and even if I had it, I read it's impossible to compile on linux, so I preferred the fast and dirty way :S.

For the next days I'll improve the messages sent by new classes in GB, because ATM there are only batch messages and even when I'll add asynchronous ones I will certainly need some more information. After that I'll begin to work on the Pogamut part, hope it'll be easy 'cause I'm a bit in a hurry : I have to write my report for the beginning of June :).

----

Reply Link: <https://artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz/pogamut/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=6&comments_reply_threadId=140&comments_parentId=116&post_reply=1#form>