[Pogamut-list] New Pogamut Subproject

jakub.gemrot pogamut-forum at artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Tue Apr 15 13:13:46 CEST 2008

Re: Re: Re: New Pogamut Subproject
That's no problem - I will do it tonight (GMT+1 ;-)

I will name your branch 'fabien_tence'

To use SVN under linux is not hard at all when you install SVN package
(if I remember it correctly) try

svn help
- basic info about SVN and available commands

svn help co
- help for checking out from repository
- to check out from svn it should be something like "svn co svn://fabien@artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz/pogamut/branch/fabien_tence"

svn help update
- info about updating checked out repository

svn help commit
- how to commit changes

Those are commands (co, update, commit) you will frequently use. Working with svn goes like this:

1) check out from repository (will create your local copy at your disk)
... working over your local copies (no locking needed)
2) commiting your changes.
... that might result in merging files if your changes conflicts with somebody else, but as you will work over your branch it won't
3) if somebody else changed something then you will need to 'update' your local copy

Anyway it would be cool to have a tutorial for this - so if you have time ;-))) ...

Good luck!

Jakub Gemrot

----

Reply Link: <https://artemis.ms.mff.cuni.cz/pogamut/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=6&comments_reply_threadId=139&comments_parentId=116&post_reply=1#form>